Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lesson 1: Anata no kazoku (Your Family)

Today's lesson revolves around the family. The Japanese have special words to address their own family and to address other people's family (as a sign of respect).

When addressing your own family, you use the following words:
1) My Father Chi Chi ちち
2) My Mother Ha Ha      はは
3) My Elder brother Ani        あに  
4) My Elder sister Ane       あね
5) My Younger brother Ototo      おとと
6) My Younger sister Imoto      いもと
7) My Grandfather Sofu       そふ
8) My Grandmother Sobo       そぼ

When addressing other people's famiy:
1) Father Otousan       お父さん
2) Mother Okaasan       お母さん
3) Elder brother Oniisan        お兄さん
4) Elder sister Oneesan       お姉さん
5) Younger brother Otoutosan      弟さん
6) Younger sister Imoutosan      妹さん
7) Grandfather Ojiisan        お祖父さん
8) Grandmother Obaasan       お祖母さん

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Swiftly Search Movies, Games, MP3s, Software and Download Them at Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]